- Launched 2020
- Collection finished
Around 1000 people work at the Berlin site every day. The shifts run around the clock. Until the end of May 2019, there was a company canteen, which was open between 8:00 and 16:00 hours. The employees were well supplied with daily changing dishes and a salad and antipasti counter. Urgently needed construction work and the end of the lease agreement led to the closure. The new concept, including the construction measures, was to be completed by summer 2020. The reopening was planned for August 2020.
Since then, the employees have had to provide for themselves more poorly than properly. Although there is a larger restaurant ("Cantinerie") in the neighbourhood, the offer is one-sided and expensive. For many DW employees, this offer is also not available because the break times are too short. So far, this situation has been patiently endured - after all, the new canteen was in prospect.
This is now over. DW management has stopped the project for cost reasons. Some tenders could not be realised within the intended price range. DW fears enormous cost increases. The staff rejects the management's plans and demands that the construction project be continued.
● The canteen is an invaluable social meeting place for the company. Canteens are not only important for the supply of food. They also serve as a meeting place and thus strengthen collegial cohesion.
● A balanced, varied diet is particularly important in shift work. Fast food and vending machines are no substitute for good food in the long run.
● There must also be provision for employees with tight break times. Many of them cannot leave the building because they have to be back at work on time after 30 minutes.
● Satisfaction at the site has suffered greatly due to the closure of the canteen. Last year, too, long before Corona, there was a clear separation. This situation must be brought to an end.
● The employees feel that their esteem has been violated by the stop of the canteen construction. Those who work well must also be well looked after.
● Working conditions at the Berlin site are much worse than at the Bonn site due to poor building fabric and lack of space. This imbalance is further exacerbated by the halt to the canteen construction project.
This petition has been translated into the following languages
on 13 Sep 2021
der Petent oder die Petentin hat innerhalb der letzten 12 Monate nach Ende der Unterschriftensammlung keine Neuigkeiten erstellt und den Status nicht geändert. openPetition geht davon aus, dass die Petition nicht eingereicht oder übergeben wurde.
Wir bedanken uns herzlich für Ihr Engagement und die Unterstützung,