Bring your topic as a proposal for a nationwide referendum on when ...
- the proposal compatible with the Terms of and quality standards is openPetition.
- the proposal addressed to the German Federal Government or the Federal Parliament and its members and committees.
- The proposal refers to Germany.
- the proposal can be implemented by law.
- the proposal contains a theme or a demand that is not already covered by another topic suggestion. TIP: Check out prior to the introduction of a topic in the list of existing proposals , if there is already a similar topic.
- the proposal does not, the two issues of our allies of ABSTIMMUNG21 concern: 1. Whether nationwide referendums are to be introduced in the long term. And 2. Whether Germany should take concrete measures for climate neutrality.
- the proposal calls for no change nor the introduction of a temporary rule.
- already, the proposal neither satisfied nor partially met. Proposals must relate to actual given states.
- the proposal is summarized self-explanatory and easy language in the title of the petition.
- the proposal contains one or few specific demands.
Create your petition in Germany
Details about petition author
Tips & Guidance
The title is the first thing others will see of you petition. It should state clearly, what your concern is and invite to read on. Without a striking title your concern may go unnoticed.
Set up your political concern to Parliament that it can make a decision. On state and federal levels of the respective Petitions Committee is responsible.
Clarify the problem. Why does it have to be done NOW? Is a decision coming up? Are facts being created? Make a concrete claim! How do supporters contribute to the solution?
The perfect picture sums up your petition at the first sight. A picture can underline your issue, attract attention and motivate people to sign the petition. Petitions with pictures are more spreaded by people than without a picture. You can find them here and here
Make sure you have the rights of use necessary for using the picture.
Everybody starts small: We will gladly help you to make your request heard. The most common questions we answer in our FAQs. If you can not find your answer there, feel free to write us a message firstname.lastname@example.org .
Petition software as a service for civil society organisations
openPetition supports civil-society actors to build up and spread their campaign.
Contact us for consulting before starting your petition.