- Launched 17/03/2021
- Time remaining > 10 months
- Dialog with recipient
On Wednesday 17 March 2021, the European Commission published a press release proposing a digital green certificate (Digital Vaccination Certificate). 
This certificate will serve as proof of whether a person has been vaccinated against COVID-19, has received a negative test result or has recovered from COVID-19.
We call on the European Commission to make the development of the vaccination certificate open source and cost-effective.
In particular, the following points should be considered:
- No money to companies for development (See https://github.com/corona-warn-app)
- Active participation of the population in development
- Appointment of independent developers, e.g. from the field of charitable / non-profit apolitical organisations, to be responsible for development
- Publication of all software components including certificate and backup server software, client software etc.
- Good and understandable documentation
- Reference implementation in a common programming language e.g. C
- The source code should be published on an appropriate software collaboration platform e.g. Github
We call on all parties to work together constructively, regardless of political orientation, to quickly find a common solution.
 Cf. Coronavirus: Commission proposes a Digital Green Certificate
The people of the European Union have a right to view the source code of software that could become essential for the months and years to come and is being developed with citizens' money.
The publication of the source code and joint development and maintenance of the project ensures this transparency.
Furthermore, the publication of the program code as well as the concepts ensures that security gaps are prevented and long-term up-to-dateness is guaranteed. 
 Cf. P. 16f.,in Open Source Software: Einsatzpotenziale und Wirtschaftlichkeit
Tools for the spreading of the petition.
You have your own website, a blog or an entire web portal? Become an advocate and multiplier for this petition. We have the banners, widgets and API (interface) to integrate on your pages.
- Number of signatures on openPetition and, if applicable, external pages.
- HTTP method
- Return format