We urgently request the interior fitting for the attic to provide enough rooms to the school. This conversion shall be effected soon - in the course of the roof restoration planned for 2017 - to keep the school capable of acting.
Since years pupils and teachers of the Von-der-Tann-Schule (primary school) suffer from shortage of space due to increasing numbers of pupils. Because of this, already in 2012 the city administration Regensburg created a feasibility study. Now the conversion finally shall become realtity. Continuously great shortage of space leads into permanent disturbance of school matters and extracurricular course of life. The school´s rooms are used to capacity as scheduled in the mornings. Urgently needed space for dynamics in daily routine is completely missing. The major consequences of the shortage of space:
- Special- and multipurpose rooms are turned into permanent classrooms.
- Teaching aids are stored in the rear of classrooms or in the teachers' lounge.
- The teachers' changing room is converted into the office for the social worker for youth; the shower is changed to a book shelf.
- Parents' interviews are partially done in the halls.
- In the open all day school, rooms to retire or to play are missing.
- No Space for projects or exhibitions.
- No Space for new school concepts - e.g. workshop, library, computer room.
- Bottlenecks and double gearing impact the education. Often, two classes share one classroom.
Further information on the website ausbau.jetzt
Im Namen aller Unterzeichner/innen.
Regensburg, 11.03.2016 (aktiv bis 08.09.2016)